First things first, wow radical changes to the blogger interface! Fortunately it look fairly intuitive, so hopefully there will be improvements, but it's hard to complain when its free. Now onto the model news! First there is my M4A1 Derby. I'm still not finished, but I'v finally got some tracks on it, donated from a spare M4A1 late that I plan on converting into an Israeli Super Sherman. I've also started weathering the lower chassis, and still need to do the top. I still need to paint the tools add the headlights and figures and add some scale rope to tie down the pallet on the rear deck. Hopefully I'll have it all done for IPMS NoVa's Model Classic, we'll see.
Nest up is Mike Lampros's Revell 1/72 scale P-51B. I've got the cockpit all buttoned up in the fuselage, and the wings on. The fit of the canopy was terrible, so I spent a lot of time sanding, shaping and polishing it. After I was done, I still wasn't happy because you couldn't see much of the cockpit. So I pulled out the JLL razor saw and started chopping it up.
Next up is my Academy 1/72 scale P-40N in RNZAF markings. I started the kit years ago, decaling went horribly wrong and it's sat on my shelf of doom ever since.
Last but not least is my Hobby Boss 1/48 scale KV-1 Ehkranami. I really love this kit, and hope really Hobby Boss gets back into the 1/48 scale armor market. As I understand it the HB kits are basically scaled down Trumpter KV's which are suppose to be very accurate. I recently picked up Neil Stokes' KV book, and it sure looks accurate to me, I can honestly say it was a blast to build. Decals well that was another story. They're nice and thin and stuck like glue the second they touched the kit surface that was coated with a liberal wet coat of setting solution. They wouldn't allow any positioning, very strange. I'm not sure what I'll do for markings, but a lot of KV-1's didn't carry any. I'll be starting the weathering next.