Sunday, April 25, 2010

A minor update

Not much to report on lately. I just haven't managed to get much modeling done. Other priorities, bad weather, colds, allergies and a bit of modelers apathy have combined to sap my modeling mojo. I've been trying to figure out how to make the distinctive antenna mount that is seen on the Cromwell. I've tried to make one using a bunch of different materials: fine wire, shim brass, metal tubing, styrene; only to be unhappy with the results. I got close using just styrene, and decided to make one more attempt, and am very happy with the results. It's made of 7 tiny pieces of styrene!

No comments: