Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cromwell Progress


The Revell Cromwell has been sitting on the shelf waiting for me to finish it. I seem to have gotten some modelling mojo back with the Panzer IV group build, and M4A3 finished, so on Monday I pulled it off the shelf, painted the wheels and tracks, and shot a coat of Future on it. Yesterday I decalled it, and I shot another coat of Future tonight. I used the kit decals, and am reasonably happy with how they turned out. I used my trusty Waldron Punch set on the top turret star, punching out the center ring that fits over the turret intake. It took a heck of a lot of Mr Mark Softer to get it to lay down right. I finished off the star by touching up the arms with Vallejo Game Color Bone White. I did have one small mishap while decaling. I nicked the front glacis paint right by the "Black Bull" decal, but I just lightly sanded it out shot a coat of Future over it, put a few drops of lightened OD in the airbrush and touched it up.

Next up a flat coat and let the weathering begin!








No comments: