Monday, February 20, 2006

Ready for paint!

Ok I think I've got everything done assembly wise. I've added the lift hooks to the turret; I used .02 x .04 evergreen strip to make them. I also added a little subtle [hopefully] texture to the weld beads. I just hit them with a little liquid cement, then added texture to the softened plastic using a tiny screw driver. I also noticed that I had somehow broken off the optical sight from the turret roof. Not to worry though, as the model 1941 kit I borrowed the tracks from also donated the optical sight...and as an added bonus the sight has the cover removed. Next comes the painting.

No comments: