Monday, August 15, 2011

Another quick update

I shot a lite coat of Tamiya clear gloss to seal the decals, and prepare the model for weathering. I then used a thin pin-wash using Mig Dark Wash and Brow Wash i all the seams and crevices, and removed the excess wash after it dried with thinner. The model was looking pretty dark at this point, so I shot it with a light coat of Testors Dull-coat, which lightened it up a good bit. and now it's ready for weathering in earnest.





I also took the opportunity to start painting the figures. I decided to go with the 3 half figures by AB Figures. Th figures are about done, just a little touch-up and highlighting to do before they are done.


1 comment:

Milgeek said...

Smashing - I like the stowage on the pallet, I wasn't aware they were in use until after the war?

Fantsatic painting, I'm learning lots from your blog as I have juust recently started modelling myself. Co-incidently my first models are Shermans!

keep up the gtear work.