Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Adventures in Plexiglas




Previously, I mentioned that I was going to do a different base for the M10. Well I decided to use 1/4" Plexiglas as the base. It's inert and won't warp or react to the various materials that I plan to use. So I ran down to Home Depot, and picked up a 24"x28" piece, but how to cut it? A quick google search gave me some answers. The only trouble, I don't own a table saw. One guy said you can score it 10 times, then snap it like glass. Well about 60 scores later and lots of pressure, I finally get it to snap!

Now add some evergreen, Apoxie Sculpt and Liquitex Texture gel's and it's finally starting to shape up. I just need to a little more debris, and add a Tiger Productions building and it will be ready for paint.

And the look I'm shooting for


No comments: